Technical Head of Fire & Security (Engineer Grade I level)
Technical Head of Fire and Security
The Office of Public Works has responsibility for the design and supervision of the construction of new buildings required for Government use, the design and fit out of Government office accommodation, the maintenance of Government buildings and the conservation, restoration and care of heritage buildings owned and occupied by the State.
The Technical Head of Fire and Security reports to the Head of PropertyMaintenance. The successful candidate will have management responsibilities and will provide a Fire and Security design and supervision service.
The successful candidate will have:
- significant experience (at least 5 years) at an appropriate level in fireengineering encompassing all aspects of Fire Safety Design, Risk Analysis including computational fluid dynamics (CFD) modelling for all aspects of both Life Safety and Property Protection;
- a record of achievement in fire engineering design;
- strong project management experience;
- the ability to demonstrate leadership, judgement, initiative and problem solving skills.
Details of specific qualification requirements are set out in the Information Booklet for this role.
The closing date for receipt of applications is
- 3pm on Thursday 17th August 2017
Applications for the above position via www.publicjobs.ie only.
Applications will NOT be accepted by OPW.