We provide professional procurement services and advice to ensure that the public service can avail of the best value goods and services, in a legally compliant manner.
What are the goals of the NPS?
- Organise the procurement of common goods and services in the public service
- Organise networks of public service procurement professionals
- Develop targeted and accredited training and education
- Integrate Government policies into procurement practice (e.g. sustainable procurement and encouraging participation by SMEs in public procurement)
What does the NPS do?
- Buying in bulk can save money – so we aim to leverage the public service’s buying power to deliver savings
- We encourage public bodies to collaborate when they are buying common goods and services
- We provide education and guidance, including public procurement networks, training and development of guidance material
- We operate eProcurement – the eTenders website
- We work with the National Public Procurement Policy Unit in the Department of Finance (the unit responsible for procurement policy)
For more detailed information on current and planned procurement campaigns, go to www.procurement.ie