Shannon Flood Risk State Agency Co-ordination Working Group
The Shannon Flood Risk State Agency Co-ordination Working Group was established in early 2016 by the Government to enhance on-going co-operation across all of the State Agencies involved with the River Shannon.
The Group is focused on ensuring the best possible level of co-ordination between all of these statutory bodies. It is solutions focused and designed to deliver the highest level of efficiencies to add value to the Catchment Flood Risk Assessment and Management (CFRAM) Programme.
The Group is building on the existing work and commitment of all the State Agencies involved in flood risk and continues to enhance the ongoing co-ordination and co-operation between members.
The Group has met on eight occasions to date (1 February 2016, 14 March 2016, 5 May 2016, 12 July 2016, 18 October 2016, 2 December 2016, 21 March 2017 and 23 October 2017) and has conducted an audit of the roles and responsibilities of State Agency organisations and has met with stakeholders.
The Group’s extensive Work Programme demonstrates the ongoing work and co-ordination by all State bodies to jointly and proactively address flood risk on the Shannon under the following themes of activity:
- Physical Works
- Water Management
- Policy and Planning
The Group is currently progressing a number of collaborative initiatives including:
- Developing a long-term strategic maintenance programme to halt the deterioration of the River Shannon
- Identifying short-term targeted maintenance activities for individual locations
- Trialing the lowering of the levels on Lough Allen
- Assessing further possible measures to address flood risk on the Shannon Callows
Documents and Further Information
Documentation relating to the meetings of the Group, including the Agenda, Minutes and other material, is being provided on this website. Further documentation and other information will be posted here from time-to-time.
All updates and documents from the Working Group are provided on the side bar of this page.
Papers from Working Group Meetings
Working Group Updates and Documents
Seventh meeting of the Working Group on 21 March, 2017 - Documentation
- Agenda for Meeting-21 March 2017
- Minutes of Meeting- 21 March 2017
- Presentation on River Basin Management Plan
Sixth meeting of the Working Group on 2 December, 2016 - Documentation
- Meeting Agenda - 2 December 2016
- Minutes of Meeting - 2 December 2016
- Note of meeting to discuss short and medium term measures - 18 November 2016
Fifth meeting of the Working Group on 18 October, 2016 - Documentation
Fourth meeting of the Working Group on 12 July, 2016 - Documentation
Third meeting of the Working Group on 5 May, 2016
Meeting with Representatives from IFA and Open Day on 2016 Work Programme
Second meeting of the Working Group on 14 March, 2016 - Documentation
- Meeting Agenda - 14 March 2016
- Minutes of Meeting - 14 March 2016
- Presentation on Management Structures for Shannon CFRAM
- 2016 Work Programme
- Thematic Summary of 2016 Work Programme